Feng Shui is the art and science of placing things in your home and office in the appropriate place so you can attract what you want into your life-like wealth, harmony, and love. There are two important areas where you can make some quick Feng Shui adjustments that will have some big payoffs in attracting and retaining wealth:
Clear Clutter. In Feng Shui, clutter represents postponed decisions and the inability to move forward in your life. Think about that for a while as you stare at the piles on paper on your desk, the unworn clothes in your closet, and the months of unread magazines in your family room. Since nothing new comes into your life until you make room for it, you need to start clearing out the old stuff you are holding on to in order to make room for wealth to flow into your life.
If you can’t decide whether an object is clutter or a keeper, ask yourself these six questions:
1. Do I love it?
2. Do I need it?
3. Does it reflect who I am at this point in my life?
4. Does it have positive emotional attachment?
5. If it needs to be repaired am I willing to pay to fix it now?
6. If I moved tomorrow would I pay a mover to take it with me?
If your answer was No to any one of the questions, the item is clutter and out it goes.
A cluttered space equals a cluttered mind. Make sure you clear clutter with a prosperity consciousness (that is, I can afford to replace the item in the future if I need it) rather than a poverty consciousness (I might never have enough money to replace the object in the future). Get rid of clutter today and make room for wealth to flow into your home tomorrow.
Fix Broken Things. Feng Shui is about rearranging your surroundings to set the intention for something good to happen to you-like a fatter bank account, a lower mortgage rate, or a higher salary. And while you are waiting for these big intentions to come flowing through the front door, it is important not to neglect the small things that contribute to a feeling of prosperity. If you ignore things that need to be repaired, replaced, or removed, you set an intention of neglect; when you fix them, your intention is one of abundance.
Here are 10 simple repairs you can make to set the attention to attract wealth:
1. Clean Your Front Door. The front door is considered the place where all good energy enters your home; a dirty or faded door repels wealth but a clean door attracts prosperity.
2. Replace Burned Out Light Bulbs. If your rooms are dark, so is your financial future; replace burned out light bulbs and brighten your possibilities to attract wealth.
3. Clean Your Windows. Windows are the eyes of your home; dirty windows cloud your vision but clean windows represent a clear view of the opportunities coming your way.
4. Remove Dead Plants. Dead plants symbolize dead energy; replace them with healthy living plants to grow wealth in your life.
5. Remove Clutter From Under Your Bed. If you have too many unused objects under your bed you won’t sleep well; lost sleep results in missed opportunities for prosperity.
6. Repair Broken Mirrors. If you have a broken mirror in your home it can keep you from seeing things smoothly; remove or replace it so you can reflect smooth view of prosperity.
7. Keep the Toilet Lid Down. If your toilet lids are open you are symbolically flushing your finances away; keep them down and keep your wealth.
8. Fix Drips and Leaks. Leaking water represents leaking wealth; stop the leak and you will stop the drain of your abundance
9. Remove Old Food From the Fridge. Food and wealth are closely related so if you have old, half-used, or fuzzy food in the fridge you are squandering your wealth.
10. Clean Your Stove. Make sure the burners on your stove are in good working because this also relates to your ability to feed people; immediately fix any nonworking burners.
Whether or not you are worried about a dip in the economy, when you clear clutter you open up room for wealth to flow into your home. And when you fix broken things, you remove whatever is blocking prosperity from entering your life.