Imagine that you have to do five things simultaneously:
- Soothe a crying baby.
- Get the laundry hanging outside (it is starting to rain).
- Turn off the tap (water is starting to overflow onto your kitchen floor).
- Open the front door (somebody’s knocking at it).
- Answer the ringing phone.
In what order will you do these things?
- If the first thing you do is attend to the baby, then the most important thing in your life is your family.
- If you hurry to pick up the clothes first, then your priorities are love and intimate relationships.
- If you switch off the tap, you give most preference to money.
- If you go and open the door, then you tend to put friends and relatives first.
- If you answer the ringing phone, then you prioritize your career and job the most.